Why Sales Tracking Will Be Even More Vital to Your Business in 2022
How do you make decisions for your business? While everyone likes to say they “know” their business or can run on intuition, the truth is that the best operations run on hard data. Data-driven approaches like sales tracking can show you exactly how successful or unsuccessful your sales processes are. It could also provide you with valuable insight into what strategies and techniques work best with your customers.
The last thing you would want to do is spend precious resources on something that is ineffective. As a business owner, you need to make smart investments. The best way to do this is by studiously tracking your sales and marketing efforts. This way, you know objectively what does and does not work—and change accordingly.
This year, data-driven strategies like sales tracking are set to be more important than ever. Trends collide to make hard quantifiable evidence integral in planning your sales strategies. Covid-19 continues to make person-to-person engagement difficult, at a time when consumers are shifting to a preference for value-based selling. In this scenario, the data is really the only way to know if your pitch is resonating and why.
What Are Some Benefits of Sales Tracking?
Consumer wants and needs are constantly changing. Tracking your business sales in detail can help you keep attuned to those changes. You can then adjust marketing strategies accordingly. But sales tracking offers a whole range of benefits for your business:
- Sales tracking provides real-time insights. This sort of data analysis gives an accurate view of your sales progress, by measuring a set of key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Tracking helps you spot problems from the earliest stage. Early detection paves the way for early intervention. A detailed sales tracking system will help you catch any gaps or lapses in your processes, which you can then address accordingly. Nip these problems in the bud, before they bloom into a more difficult systemic issue down the road.
- Following the data helps you close more deals in less time. The whole point of tracking sales is to optimize your sales process, so your sales team can close deals quicker. Armed with the right data, you can reduce the amount of time you spend on administrative tasks, and focus on improving other aspects of your business.
- Tracking present sales helps you forecast future sales. Any sales tracking system worth its salt will not only show you where you’re at, but also show you where you could go. Use the data on current sales to build a forecast model for the future. Keep tabs on your team and conversion rates and use the insights to distribute your resources more efficiently and give better guidance.
- Effective sales tracking leads to higher retention and less churn. With accurate data, you can meet your customers exactly where they are and gain deeper insight into what resonates the most with your target audience. You can then craft a more attuned customer experience, which results in more customer satisfaction and retention.
Every team can benefit from the data-driven insights sales tracking provides. Quality presentation software like Ingage offers robust analytics and collaborative features to equip your team with the latest and greatest.
A Personalized Customer Experience Wins More Sales
Truly excellent sales representatives are able to pick up and capitalize on their customer’s body language accordingly. But in an era where person-to-person transaction is stifled on account of Covid-19, these skilled sales professionals may be at a loss. Fortunately, data never lies. While you may not be able to handle shoppers personally, tracking your KPIs can at least give you objective insight into their thought process so you can strategize accordingly.
To be more of a deal closer than a deal killer, use this research to increase personalization. Forty-four percent of buyers say that they are put off from a purchase when a seller does not seem to understand what they need. Digital cues and behavioral data are essential in determining what your customer is really looking for.
A Greater Focus on Omnichannel Sales
Shoppers don’t just limit themselves to one interface—they browse websites, scroll through social media platforms and peruse brick-and-mortar shops when purchasing. As such, it’s critical to unify all your sales channels into a single, seamless commerce experience. This gives your customers flexibility in choosing how they want to purchase your product and ensures they receive the same level of service throughout.
Omnichannel sales optimization allows you to both cater to more customers and develop more personalized experiences. An advanced presentation software, like Ingage, can help you create cohesive and personalized sales presentations that resonate across all your sales channels.
Value-Based Selling is The Next Big Thing
Customers are smart and tend to be less taken in by flashy deals. They want to know how your product or service will benefit them. While many B2C companies have long since understood this, 2022 is poised to be the year of value selling for B2B businesses as well. As such, companies that integrate value-based selling into their strategies at every level of the sale are poised to succeed. Get ahead of the game with an efficient sales tracking system to help you understand your customers’ needs.
Time To Leverage Innovative Sales Tools
The tools to elevate your sales game are out there. Now, more than ever before is the time to leverage advanced technologies and put your business on track for a profitable 2022. Smart sales tracking strategies will be the key to crafting personalized pitches for your customers. Use a modern sales presentation like Ingage to keep tabs on this analytic data and build state-of-the-art presentations that reflect your shoppers’ habits.
It’s time to supercharge your sales and marketing efforts. Schedule a free Ingage demo today, and set your business up for success in 2022!